Sometimes it's really hard to get motivated to finish a really large quilt. I guess I'm not alone in this, but after making a post about it on the Stashbusters yahoo group, I got a lot of ideas from my fellow quilters on how to get past that mental roadblock. I have finally finished the king sized quilt I bought fabric (mostly batiks) for on the quilt run. It is dragonflies (not microphones with wings, as my DH called them).
The pattern came from the book 'Positively Crazy' by Buggy Barn Quilts, though the colors are all my own choices and the border is my own (they didn't do piano keys on theirs). It was tough to get past the block stage on this one due to its sheer size and bulk, but now I'm glad I did it. Can't wait to get it to the LAQ (it's too big for my LA, which I'm not using anyway - another long story).
More on that next post...
Taking Time to Sew!
10 hours ago