I have been working sorta kinda on a quilt for a dear friend since April. He entered the hospital in March for what was supposed to be a 3 week stay. He JUST got out of hospital and rehab in September. I have been planning his quilt all this time. It took me 2 months to settle on just the right pattern and another 3 months to collect the right fabrics for his quilt. I had to make sure nothing in it was 'girly,' too. I know that sounds like a lot of time, but he is a printer and a bookmaker, so I knew I wanted books in it for sure (took a while to find good book fabrics), but at the last minute I also found some printers block letters on a print which I HAD to have (put them in the border). Anyway, it was a long time in the planning stage, then I started actually making it last week. Here it is, sans binding:
It is quilted in a beautiful gold thread that matches the sashing, and ready for a label and binding now. I hope to give it to him soon.
Here's the back of his quilt. More printy-type stuff and some faux denim. Used up 4 yards of fabric on the back, which depleted my stash a little...yay!!
I hope he likes it. I know his wife will be over the moon over it. She likes everything I do.
Love you, E & J!
Let’s have a March Quilty Box Gift-Away!
11 hours ago