I've been on a finishing binge of late... just got another one done this morning... the binding was done as of last night but the label was only half on... I finished it up today. It is a king sized log cabin made of 4 1/4" blocks. Started in 2008, all from scraps I had around from previous projects.
It sat in a cabinet for 7 years waiting for the perfect
border. I agonized for a long time over piecing or appliqueing a house
border, and then sort of backburnered the entire project
and forgot about it. Then this year, the theme of the Row by Row
Challenge was 'Home Sweet Home' and LO!, one of the fabrics for the line
was a house row print. It was perfect, and I bought some... Just
enough it turns out, as I didn't have a lot left over.
Glad to have
this one done, as it's for my own bed, for use as our 'winter quilt'...
Time to wash and put the summer quilt away and get this one on the bed!
Two views of the quilt: 'A Barn Raising: My Life in Quilts'
Let’s have a March Quilty Box Gift-Away!
11 hours ago