Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Machine Quilter's Getaway with Jill Schumaker

The past four days I have been at a machine quilter's getaway in Trinidad, CA with Jill Schumaker, an amazing quilting teacher.  Me and four friends all drove up here together in one big truck... It's been an exciting and fun weekend jaunt.  We all learned some new techniques and methods of quilting our quilts.  I got to make a trapunto whole cloth wall hanging... very small, but it was a first for me, and I loved the process.



My friends all practiced free motion quilting, some for the first time.  I also finished my quilting my challenge quilt for the guild and worked on my tiger quilt, even got to work on my kitty BOM blocks.

The weather in Trinidad has been wild - rain, snow flurries, hail, and ice.  Today though was sunny and frigid... I hear the weather in other parts of California has been no less weird.  Supposedly it snowed in San Francisco for the first time in 35 years this weekend.  Snow levels in Simi were supposed to be down to 1000 ft yesterday and possibly today.  Just weirdness everywhere...

Tomorrow, we head home.  Hopefully the weather will be cooperative and pleasant for our drive home and things will perhaps warm up a bit as we move south.  We left on Tuesday.. will be returning home on Monday - a long, interesting, fun, informative and tiring week.  I've had a ball, and look forward to getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...