Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Progress and Finishes

Fun and productive retreat at the beach house at Faria Beach this weekend.  19 fun and friendly ladies shared the house with me and we all sewed, laughed and shopped together for four days.  It's good to be home again, but I could have used a few more days at the beach just because I love it there.  Anyway, while there:  I gave lots of advice, tips and teaching moments, and learned a few things myself in the process. Somehow, I managed to finished several blocks, 2 quilt tops and a binding on an old mystery quilt.  Here is thye mystery quilt, sans quilting and binding... but trust me, they are there now.  Just don't have a current picture to show.  Lots of fun to make.. This was one of the Thimblecreek mystery quilts (last one before they became pay-to-play).  It was lots of fun to make, but as I recall, I couldn't bring myself to make another quarter-square-triangle for a very long time.


I made Pat Sloan's Out of This World block at the retreat as well... (another mystery quilt, being offered online for free this year... Check it out at https://blog.patsloan.com/2019-out-of-this-world/ - lots of fun, and I love how it's coming out...






I've been working on a couple of flannel applique quilts for a year now....  They are called 'You Lucky Dog', designed by the very talented Bonnie Sullivan.  I wanted to make one for me, and ended up making two, the second one is for Sunny Saints St. Bernard Rescue (which is the organization my husband and I get our dogs from)... I hope they raise lots of money auctioning it off.  I finished both of the tops this weekend by appliqueing the paw prints in the sashing and made backs for them... Just have to cut some batting and get them quilted.  They look like this:


Last, but most definitely not least, I made two blocks for the Harry Potter quilt-a-long that I'm participating in.  We are on week 11 right now, but I hadn't done week 10 yet when I left for retreat.  I rectified that, on Friday, then sewed block 11 on Saturday right after it was released.  Here are pictures of the first 11 blocks, placed how they will appear in the quilt:



You can learn more about this quilt-a-long at https://www.kellifanninquilts.com/p/harry-potter-sewalong.html

Now, I am curled up on the couch with my dear husband, watching a recorded episode of Dr. Who and just enjoying each other's company.

I think I'll sleep well tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...