Pages

Monday, July 22, 2019

I Love a Good Mystery

I DO love a good mystery (quilt)... I'm not so good with mystery books... I have a tendency to read a chapter, then flip to the end to find out whodunwhat to whom and how... I've been doing that since my Nancy Drew days back in my single digit and preteen years.  Drove my friends nuts!  Anyway... I'm starting a new mystery quilt next month called the Meadow Mist Mosaic Mystery Quilt.  Initially I chose a bunch of cool fabrics and then rethought my choices... I need a break from black backgrounds and the fabrics I chose called for black... so I changed to a dark teal Dimples fabric as my background, with batiks as the A, B, and C fabrics... The instructions simply said that the A, B and Cs will all touch the background, but never each other... so this is my final choice:


The batiks all have some turquoise/teal in them, but each has such a different texture from the others and from the background that they should each stand on their own... I hope it all works... I think the lightest of them will probably be my border as well, though that may change in time when I see the quilt taking shape. (I know I posted most of this in a previous post, but I had to repost to get the right image for a linkup party).

If you're interested in seeing more or even want to get involved with the mystery, here's a link to the Meadow Mist Mosaic Mystery Quilt.

Come play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...