Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Making Progress, Making Blocks

I did more things on my list today.  I made a very busy little animal block for a block of the month I'm doing:

Lots of little pieces to cut and fuse, but it's done... I've got to stitch the pieces down, but the hard parts are done. (tracing and cutting all the pieces, fusing them down without burning my fingers, lol).

I posted a picture of part of this quilt in my previous post because I couldn't find a picture of the entire quilt online... I scanned it from the book I found it in... Maybe I couldn't find it because I thought it was by Yoko Saito, but apparently I was wrong, it's by Satomi Funamoto... Just so cute!!! can't wait til it's done... but OH those borders ... they will take forever I think.



My second project of the day was an easy one.  A pre-fused, laser-cut quilt called Spooky Hallows.  This is block 4 of the quilt:




I just love the black kitty (and the little frog in this block is just adorable too).  Nice big pieces, no chance of burning my fingers... easy to stitch down the edges when i get around to it.

Tomorrow, I ship my Woodland Creatures quilt off to Paducah for inclusion in the Lancaster AQS show.  And my to-do-list has me making fabric postcards and tags for exchanges... Should be fun to make the postcards, but the tags have me a bit challenged... I have to work with textures, lines and shapes... that is the challenge... Not sure what to do yet,  but I'm sure I'll work something out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...