Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Finishing the Old Year...

 Having not posted here for some time, I've got a lot to say and a lot of pictures to post... probably too many for a single post... But I'll start as early as I can and work my way forward.  First of all, I have no really good reason for not posting here for 2 1/2 months.  I was depressed and distressed over a variety of reasons... not important to discuss here as they were not quilt related.  I was sewing less... retreating into tv and movies more.   Still, many, many projects were in progress in December, some brought to fruition before the end of the year:

Here is my Ripples quilt top, the pattern is free from the Fat Quarter Shop and allowed me to use up a jelly roll from my stash.  I will donate this to my guild's charity.  They will back it and quilt it.

 

I decided I didn't quite like the original border I'd put on my Rainbow quilt, so I changed it out for a rainbow ombre I had in my stash... I like it much better.  Was going to donate it, but I just love rainbows and may quilt and keep this one.


And here at last is my finished 'Cozy Things' quilt top.  I decided to use Pat Sloan's layout and I do love it.  I will keep this one... Too many adorable cozy kitties to part with.



I also worked on finishing my Murder Mystery quilt top... I apparently haven't taken a picture of the finished top with borders... but this is the layout:  Just needs a little more applique now and it's done.

Now... on to January and beyond (see next post...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...