Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

New Year, New Challenges

Part of ending the old year and starting the new year was preparing for new projects, new mysteries, new quilt-alongs, new ventures.

I finished up my Morewood Mystery top.. this was a fun mystery and I love the results... haven't decided on the finish for this one... borders?  no borders?  and who will get it?

 
I finished up the 2020 Bonnie Hunter mystery, Grassy Creek.  This one may or may not get borders before I donate it.  Not exactly my aesthetic, so I just know I won't be keeping it... Still, fun to make:
 

 Also, in January, I started a new mystery called Parallel Universe.  The three designers are all awesome quilt artists and designers as well as engineers... and the design is awesome so far.  We did some practice pieces leading up to the release of part one of the mystery, and that, absolutely, has made it easier to navigate the actual quilt.  Here is the top so far... comprised of three sections (not divided how it looks though - all sections are rectangular or composed of rectangles. 


I also started the new Pat Sloan quilt 'Home Is...', with some cool blocks so far, and the 2021 Murder Mystery quilt too, which is Caribbean/pirate themed.  Can't wait to see how it develops.  These are the first two blocks:


Well, that's it for now... more later or next month as time allows.




1 comment:

  1. Love your fabrics for the Morewood mystery...great idea to use a dark as the background! Also great job on the Grassy Creek mystery!

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...