Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

Sewing Takes a Backseat

GenCon is over, Strategicon looms in the near future (first weekend in September) and with my anniversary and birthday both this month, sewing is just going to be secondary to everything else that's going on.   The anniversary was very low key - dinner ordered in, and a quiet night watching a bit of tv and relaxing.  Birthday events are in hiatus at present because the restaurant we wanted to try food from is closed on my birthday.  Perhaps we'll just drive up the coast and try to find a dark bit of beach where we can watch the Perseid meteor shower that happens every year on my birthday.

 

I did a little sewing last week - finishing a top I don't like - it's not horrible, the pattern is actually rather cool (it was a mystery, so didn't know what I'd be making when I started), but the colors are just not my vibe.  I gave it away - it is on its way to Colorado as I write this - to someone who loves it and wants to finish it.  

I also made block 5 for Pat Sloan's 'Picnic' quilt today... just don't want to fall behind on my block of the week/block of the month/mystery projects... I put some bunnies in it because there's always bunnies in the woods and the red plaid for the picnic blanket:


 

I actually got all the cutting done for the Morewood Mystery by Meadow Mist Quilts - the first sewing clue comes out next month and I don't want to get behind.

The first ten blocks for the Tula Pink City Sampler arrived in the mail today along with the pattern book... another project that I will have to try to keep up with!  Aaaargh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...