Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Finishing a Long-Languishing Project

 I started this quilt almost a year ago, made the blocks, sewed them into rows, cut the sashing and stalled out.  Didn't pick it up again til last week... Just kept moving it from one area of the studio to another to get it out of the way... but it is finally a finished top.  Need to cut batting and make a backing for it and WHOOSH!  off to the LAQ it will go.  It is an old Craftsy/Bluprint kit (not sure if it's THAT old, but from before they went belly up), and is called 'Whale You Be Mine'... I intend to give this to a friend whose little boy is just old enough to graduate to a 'big boy bed'.   (Sorry about the quality of the photo - my design wall isn't big enough to hold the entire quilt.  There really is a right border there behind the stash).

I also made block 8 of Pat Sloan's Picnic quilt this week.  I had a super-fun time picking fabrics for this block.  Maybe not perfect, but I like them...  Correlating the colors with the pattern, the 4 triangles in the center should have been dark or black like the background, but I liked it this way... black in the middle would have been SO dark. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...