Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Making Masks and More..

 I find, as time progresses during this time of Covid-19 and sheltering in place, that I need sewing as therapy more than ever.  It gives me something to do other than veg in front of the tv and compter.  Sewing also helps the time pass more quickly.  I really can go to the studio and come out four or five hours later not realizing how much time had passed... often missing other obligations because I wasn't watching the clock.

On top of the actual progress I'm making on my many projects, I'm keeping myself happy and contented to be at home.  

Here's block 8 of Pat Sloan's 'Out West' quilt:

The theme of the block was 'Western Music' so I used some boots and guitars fabric, with flowers that give it a sort of Hawaiian feel vibe, despite the cowboy boots.   

And I got a commission to make more masks, so now I've got to turn my thoughts to those.  I started them yesterday, and have the ties made (I don't do the elastic over the ear type)... the masks themselves are all pleated and now I just have to attach the ties, which is kind of like doing machine binding.  Hopefully will have them done soon... but I do have a convention this weekend and not sure when I"ll finish them...  

Tomorrow (Thursday), the first sewing clue for the Morewood Mystery is scheduled for release.  Looking forward to that as well.. though with the con starting on Friday morning, I'm not sure when I'll actually MAKE the pieces.  But it's all good... I'll have gaming therapy all weekend and sewing therapy next week too!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...