Pages

Friday, February 28, 2020

Childhood Games continue...

I am already falling behind on my scheduled projects... An infected tooth, 'emergency' extraction and bone graft for the upcoming implant have all sort of thrown me for a loop... Yet today I find myself with some free time to try to catch up.

I made 'Into the Pool' for Childhood Games yesterday.


Happy to have gotten this one done, and it's got kittehs, which make me happy.

Last week, I made the first five blocks for the Thimblecreek semi-mystery 'Stay Tuned', and I've got all the fabrics cut and marked for sewing the second set of five blocks, just not sure when I'll have time to sew them.   Here are last week's blocks:






And I'm thrilled to be able to make a quilt for my fave radio personality, Seth Rudetsky, and his husband James... Here is a picture of what I had as of Wednesday afternoon.  I have since fixed the center panel so it is centered properly... just needs a top and right side border (2 1/2 strips of white)... then I measure to see if it needs an outer border, but I'm hoping my math was correct and the white strips will be the end and I can get it to the quilter so they can have it before winter is over.  I selected a batting that was a blend of cotton, silk and bamboo for a light but warm quilt for those New York winters.  Since Seth and James are majorly into animal rescue, and their dogs and cat are all rescues, I made a quilt with dogs on it.  Pictures of their dogs and cat will be on the label. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...