Pages

Monday, February 10, 2020

Re-evaluating and Remaking

Sometimes, our first impulse is the right one, and we should go with it.... other times not so much.  I made a block for Pat Sloan's 'Childhood Games' block-of-the-week project, but it bothered me... a little bit, at first.  I used black as accent strips, but I wasn't happy with the lack of contrast with the purple blocks.  Today, I finally decided it was bothering me enough to be worth ripping out some seams, cutting some new fabric to replace the accent strips and resewing it all together.  Here is the remade block, all shiny and new.  This one makes me happy!


The original block looked like this (not bad, but it didn't make me happy):


Now, back to making a quilt for my fave radio personality!  (more on that later, there's a story behind it)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...