Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Man Quilt - Finished!

The quilt is finished - all except the label.  The label will be hand lettered in the bottom left corner of the quilt, in the light grey square there.  No applique required.  I will 'make' the label tomorrow night when I deliver the quilt and find out what the consignor wants to call it.  So far, the only name I have for it, the working title, is just The Man Quilt.  She might want to name it after the recipient, so have her own ideas on a name.  We shall see.  Here it is - photos taken on a real design wall, so the quilt is hung properly for these photos.


I tried to keep the quilting very modern, graphic, and masculine, so while I did quilt around the appliques, the rest is just jagged spikes, with some sitd too.

I hope he likes it!  I had a ball making it... and I'm SO glad it will be delivered on time.  I DO have a problem with procrastination.

I posted this quilt at sew bittersweet designs in their 'March finishes' section, since this is my March finish.

Now I have to finish my challenge quilt for my guild which is in the embellishment stage.  Needs to be done by the second week in April, so I have a little more time, but that will be my April UFO to finish up.

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this quilt! Thanks for entering my iveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the design, manly but could totally work for so many women too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt! Did you design it or did you use a pattern/tutuorial? Would you be willing to share which one if you used a pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me what size the finished squares are? Also the overall size of this quilt? I am about to start cutting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool quilt! Can you communicate with us? What size are the individual squares and the whole quilt size?

    ReplyDelete