I've been lax again about posting here... and I have no defense, just rationalizations which are less than useless and no excuse, so I won't state them here. Just suffice to say I've been busy, and let some things slide. This blog was one of them. My apologies to all who read here.
Lately I've been doing more piecing than applique, a sort of reversal from the recent past. It's been a refreshing return to my quilting roots. I'd forgotten how much fun and relaxation I got from piecing.
I am participating in an online mystery quilt called 'En Provence', designed by Bonnie Hunter. So far, we've only had one clue, and here are my neutral 4-patches that I made for Clue #1:
wait to see clue #2! I'm excited about this one, which is strange for
me, as I'm not a 'scrappy' quilter generally. I usually like to plan
and select my fabrics with care and an eye to color. I am definitely
stepping out of my comfort zone for this one. Anyway, I really love the
neutral background horse print I used in some of the patches.
Hopefully it will not prove to be too much for the quilt. Here is a link to the 'Monday Morning Links' to see the progress of others participating in the mystery.
I worked on a second butterfly quilt. Now I try not to repeat myself too often, making the same quilt over and over again is boring and I learn nothing new from it usually, and I like learning new techniques, skills or tools. However, my class wanted to make the butterfly quilt and so I'm teaching it to them... They should have their butterflies done by Saturday and I will teach them how to applique the antennae on and show them how to trim the blocks... Here are a few of my blocks pre-trimming:
I also made a second tuffet (yes, I know... repeating myself, but it was so much fun to have a finished piece of furniture in the house after making it, and I wanted a purple and green one.)... I even signed up to take a class in January on how to make a square one!
I also started cutting for Elizabeth Hartmann's Cat Quilt. I've got the background and the black for the eyes and noses all cut... and I'm ready to start cutting and piecing my kitties. Looking forward to sewing these and seeing the different kitty faces emerge.
Well, I finished one of last year's mystery tops... The Meadow Mist Mosaic Mystery. I have to say I really like how this one came out.....
The quilt is finished - all except the label. The label will be hand lettered in the bottom left corner of the quilt, in the light grey squ...
First of all, I'd like to say that I didn't invent this technique - I was taught it by a friend in a group I belong to. It is by no...
I had to make a bunch of flying geese for a new quilt project, so I thought I would share with you my method for making perfect flying geese...