Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Do What You Love

With all your heart....  I made this wallhanging as an opportunity quilt for my guild.  No quilting room is quite complete without a cat... Cats and quilts just seem a natural pairing.  Both are warm and comforting.  This quilt was a joy to make.  I had so much fun making and embellishing it.  I have to be honest, I didn't want to give it away when it was done.  They had to pry it out of my hands!  I even bought tickets for it, hoping to win it myself!  Sadly, I didn't win... but it was fun trying.


I am grateful today for the freedom to do what I love without having to worry about making a living.  To my wonderful husband who works hard and my parents who left me a small nest egg to subsist on, I thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with the gratitude of not having to work and being able to quilt what a wonderful out let we have when we work with the love we have for this inspiring hobby. Fabric is so soothing to me Love your quilts beautiful!!! Debbie Kelly in sunny florida

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...