Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Dear Daughter (-in-law)

I've been working on this quilt for a little over a year now... the top's been done for a couple of months, but it's taken some time to get it quilted and bound.  But I am happy to say it is finished, and ready for gifting.  Since today is the recipient's actual birthday, she will get it tonight.  I am over-the-moon thrilled to be able to gift it to her on time. 





I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it for her... I wonder if she will let me have it back for a couple of shows (one in April, one in August)? 

On another front, I am making a quilt for my fave radio announcer... he made an off-hand comment on air about having a very heavy quilt (I'm guessing a comforter or duvet) and wanting something more light weight, even though he lives in New York City... I am making him one for his standard king bed and hope he and husband like what I'm making for them... (they are dog lovers, so it will have dogs on it, and I'm going to try to incorporate some pics of his own dogs (and cat) in the quilt... He is coming to California in late March, so I'm trying to get it done before then so I can hand-deliver it rather than ship it... I don't want it lost in the mail.  Anyway - the blocks are done, the sashing is mostly sewn on, just have to print his dog pics and design the layout of the blocks... But oh dear, my design wall is NOT big enough for this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...