Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

It DOES rain in southern california!

It's raining... It's pouring... the old man is snoring!  I love when it rains and it's been raining steadily for 2 1/2 days now, with at least 1 or 2 more days of rain expected... maybe more... I just can't get enough of it... I'm so glad my shopping is done.  I have one package to mail tomorrow plus cards to mail or give out... omigosh, I almost forgot about the cards - they will be late - new year's cards I guess, but I'm not gonna stress over them... no stress this holiday! 

My poor dog hates the rain... she doesn't want to go out ever... but she just has to have some potty time, yanno?  The cats never go out - they are indoor kitties, but they hear the rain and they get a little weird when the weather turns like this - like they're all stir crazy or something.... or maybe they are simply sensing the urgency in the air over the holidays.

Slowly I am getting done all the things I need to finish - I have a tablerunner to finish the quilting on, but I think it will be a 12th night gift, so it doesn't need to be finished until Jan 5th.  All the presents are wrapped and ready for gifting on the 25th, which is a relief.  Of course they are all wrapped with Chanukah paper cuz that's what we had left on a roll lol... It's all very festive and pretty so who cares.

I got a lot of nice responses from people who saw my quilts on 'The Quilt Show' gallery... that was really a pleasant surprise!

Today I am grateful for indoor plumbing esp. toilets.  I know that sounds kinda weird, but we don't think about it much.  Having indoor plumbing is such a wonderful thing... and not having to trudge out to an outhouse, esp. in bad weather?  I'm not sure I would have survived even a century ago... I'm so arachnophobic... not to mention this rain has put me in mind to stay indoors more than usual.  To have to run out in the middle of the night in the rain to pee... well, I'm just SO grateful for the porcelain throne sitting in the next room... 'nuff said...

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha, going out in the middle of the night to an outhouse - that's what the thunder pot under the bed was for!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...