Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Joy of Little Quilts

So I've become a bit obsessed with those little card holders and now I've made four of them, with a few more ready to cut and sew.  I just can't seem to stop.  I haven't decided yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 

It's keeping me somewhat busy - though not too much, since they are SO quick to make - but I really only had use for three - one for me and one each for friends having birthdays soon.  I suppose I can save them for other gifts or something... but really, how many do I REALLY need to make???

I suppose I could find something else to do - like layer and start quilting on a couple of raw edge applique quilts that I have backs all ready for, but that sounds like too much work - having to cut the batting!  Woe is me.   Actually, I'm just being overdramatic - it's not that big a deal to cut the batting for them, I'm being lazy though. 

I have lots of quilts that need backs made too, but that DOES sound like a lot of work to me.  I simply detest making backs... I usually piece them out of scraps, so my backs are as pieced as my fronts sometimes.  But I also have large pieces for making single-fabric backs, so the piecing is not an excuse... I just really hate working with that much fabric at once.   I guess that's one of the reasons I love making blocks, but hate putting them together.  Also one of the reasons I've stopped making huge (like King and Queen sized) quilts.

I notice a definite trend on my part lately to make wall-hangings or lap quilts.  I think I'm just 'over' bed quilts.  I hate wrestling with that much fabric - and I don't mean just for the quilting process, I mean for piecing too.  I like little quilts.  They are fun.  They are fast. 

Hope you are having a quilty day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...