Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Keeping up with the Karda.. I mean the BOMs lol

So, I haven't posted here in a very long time... I've been crazy busy closing escrow on our new home.  Now we are busy sorting, purging, getting ready for the imminent move...

With all of that, I am also working hard to catch up with my Blocks of the Month and Saturday Samplers. 

I have made significant progress on my Past and Present Animals blocks:
 There are still several blocks to go... and the borders are incredibly busy with applique, so lots left to do, but the hardest block (the cat block) is done, so I'm happy about that.

I finished a block for Arcadia Avenue:
This time with the fabrics in the right order... I'm very happy with this one... though I am still behind with another block to sew now and another on its way via mail already.... so I'm about to be 2 months behind on this one... Maybe I can get it done tomorrow so I don't fall further behind when the mail arrives on Monday.

I have another BOM I'm working on called Spooky Hollows:
I'm all caught up on this one... 7 blocks done (one not pictured), and a little time left before the next one is set to arrive... *takes a deep breath and relaxes a little*

I've made my May block for one of my Saturday Samplers (no picture yet), and another May Saturday Sampler block yet to make (it's on my to-do list!)

I also have another round robin block to work on... I didn't even have time to take a picture of last month's block before I had to turn it in to be passed on to another 'player' and here I am falling behind on this month's block as well... Last month I had a good excuse, but this month I have none except for procrastination. 

And I am also doing the Thimblecreek Mystery quilt, which I am 2 steps behind on... step 9 is cut, ready for sewing, and I haven't even read the instructions for step 10... I am sure that step 11 will be out on Tuesday, so I've got some real catching up to do there... I hope it comes out okay... as I am using a hodge podge of Downton Abbey and civil war fabrics... could be a total disaster.. lol... anyway, I just hope it doesn't end up square (I hate making square quilts)... I don't know what possessed me to start it before I knew what shape it would be.  I could have just downloaded the patterns each week and waited...

In all of this I still have roomfuls of 'stuff' to go through so we can move in a few months... the old owners of the house are leasing it back from us for 2 months while they househunt for themselves, then we have a little work to do on the new house before we move in... then we have to work on the old house to get it ready to rent it out... So much to do... so little time.  I know a few months sounds like a lot, but I know it will creep up on us when we are still not ready to pack and move... Thanks goodness for professional movers... I'm far too old to move myself anymore and 20 years in one house gives you lots of time to accumulate 'stuff'.  I don't want to move most of this 'stuff' to the new house.  I just want the essentials.... the hard part is sorting essential from non-essentials... So hard to let it go. 

And now I have that song from Frozen running through my head.... aaaaagggghhh...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...