Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

WIP

Today I worked on two quilts... one is a tablerunner I just started a couple of days ago... quilted it and added binding this morning.  It's ready for hand sewing the binding and label.
It was fast and easy to make and I even enjoyed the straight line quilting with the walking foot, something I rarely do.

I also found some blocks earlier in the week.  The pattern was from an online Block of the Month called 'A Touch of Amish'... there's nothing in my printouts to indicate where the patterns came from - no designer name or website listed, so, much as I'd like to, I cannot credit the designer, but the fabrics are all mine.  I cut some sashing, pieced the blocks together and added a black border today.  Just need to cut some batting and make a back for it.  I think I will send this one to Stovers.  I'd be happy with an overall pattern in the middle, but I'd like something custom in the borders and they can do that for me.  Most of my local longarmers will only do overall patterns including the borders, nothing custom, and the ones who do custom are a bit pricey for a lap quilt (those are only 12" blocks, so the quilt won't cover a bed).


Tomorrow I have another sewing night with friends and I have no idea what I'm going to work on... I'll have to find something other than that little bit of hand sewing on the tablerunner. 

Maybe I'll sort through my orphan blocks and find another old unfinished quilt to assemble?  And I do have some unfinished block of the month projects from last year to finish up... I'm not completely out of options..... and that's not to mention all the unstarted kits I haven't gotten to yet.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...