I also try to do things concentrating on JOT ('Just One Thing') so I don't get distracted and go off on a tangent and subsequently get nothing done at all.
I didn't have a JOT thing for today, but if I did it would have been to finish the tablerunner top I started last night. I got a bit carried away I guess. Here is what I've done today:
- finished the tablerunner top
- pieced the backing for the tablerunner and cut batting to size for it
- made a scrappy binding for the tablerunner out of leftovers from the body of the runner.
- did 7 (yes seven!) WITBs* (2 boxes, 5 bags)... flung some stuff, put the rest in donations or put away where they belonged (*What's in the Box - or Bag - a fun way to encourage cleaning and organizing)
- found sashing material for an old UFO and packed it all to take to class tomorrow to work on
- in a slight misstep, I found a fabric I had to have and ordered it online (naughty!)
- cleaned the goo off my window from the new car sticker on car I bought last October
- label FQ drawers
- prep for President's day weekend convention
- pack for class tomorrow
I did pack for class already, so now, it's on to preparing for the convention... (It is a gaming convention and I will be running a Dungeons and Dragons game there, so I need to read the scenario and prepare the maps, all that kind of stuff... it's fun, but there is a lot of work to preparing!) If I start now, I might even be ready by Feb 18th, a hard deadline!
I'm feeling ambitious, and accomplished! - A good feeling that encourages getting yet more things done.