Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Bucket List progress and Vertigo

I've always wanted to make a bargello quilt, but the opportunity never presented itself... somehow, every time I got close, either the timing wasn't right, or the guidance wasn't available.   I even bought a pattern, and signed up for a class at a local shop, but had to cancel at the last minute due to another sudden commitment.  The teacher was supposed to hold another class, but I wasn't available for that one either.  That was over a year ago.

Yesterday at guild,  I found out our speaker was going to be teaching the same pattern I had to cancel on at the local shop so long ago.  I signed up for the class - well, why not, I had the pattern, all the fabric for the quilt, and how serendipitous can things get?    

Despite a sudden and extreme case of vertigo 2 days in a row, I went to the class... With a little judicious placing of ironing and cutting areas, I managed to sew and not have to get up and down too much, which seems to make the vertigo worse.  I finished the top of the bargello quilt in class.  Loads of fun, and I feel empowered to make another if I decide to do so... Hope that by the time I do, IF I do, that I remember all learned.

Here is the top I made:


The pattern is called 2-Fabric Bargello, and that is all that it's made from... I used a graffiti print and an ombre with some rather abrupt color changes instead of gradual ones.  I like it, it's like a double lightning bolt instead of a single one... I'm happy with it... just need to trim, add borders and quilt it!

Tomorrow I see the doctor about this darn vertigo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...