Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Making Progress

I've been a little lax in my quilting lately, not doing a lot, just kind of lazing my way through a few steps in various projects, but not making a lot of progress on any of them.  It's discouraging and leads to a continuous loop of dissociation from the craft.   I've been trying to step out of the loop, so I took a class a couple of weeks ago, and I signed up for a 3-day retreat put on by one of my guilds.

The retreat was held at Poinsettia Pavilion in Ventura this last week. I was too tired at the end of each day to record or journal my progress... but it was a good kind of tired.

This is what I finished at the retreat: two blocks for the Harry Potter quilt...  that's the sorting hat and Voldemort... but the sorting hat kinda looks like a giant turd, to me at least.


I fused all the elements of the last six blocks of Enchanted Garden, not pictured (just have to sew them all down now with a blanket stitch - did a little of that at retreat, but far from done), sewed the first six blocks of Enchanted Garden together (these were already fused and blanket-stitched before the retreat, just needed to be put together).  




I also sewed the current block of Dear Daughter, (it's the one at the bottom right in the picture, which shows all my progress on the quilt to date)...



 I had a chance to cut strips for and put the border on my 2-fabric bargello.



The past few days I've been making friendship stars for a quilt... Made 80 blocks, and they are up on my design wall now.  For these, I used a Tula Pink layer cake and some grey's out of my stash.


I managed also to get two quilts partially bound (binding and labels are on, just need some hand-sewing on the back to secure the binding).  One is my bear paw quilt, the other is my Good Fortune quilt, which will be ready for gifting once that binding is on.




1 comment:

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...