Pages

Monday, June 3, 2019

Anyone for a Cuppa?

I stayed in my jammies all day yesterday and alternated between sewing, napping and watching tv... it was a thoroughly relaxing day.  All told, I got more done than I expected to.  I finished the Knight Bus block for the HP quilt, again making two, one for each of the quilts:


I also finished the last of the cutting for the teacup quilt I am making with my mini-group.  Since mine is the only one I actually have background fabric for, I could only actually make one block - my own.  The rest will have to wait til I have their background fabric.  Here is mine:


A little Tula Pink, a little Kaffe, one solid and a 30's kitty in the middle.  I'm happy with it... not my best piecing, I got a little sloppy, but it came out okay.  I have 11 more centers pieced, waiting for that background fabric.  Everyone else is using an off-white Shadowplay, but I am using White Paper Grunge because I have some teapot blocks to use with these and I want the backgrounds to be the same color (white). 

Today, I'll be cutting Dobby for the HP quilt and running errands... maybe a little sewing too, we'll see.  I am running to Costco to pick up my new glasses today, so maybe I'll actually be able to see what I'm doing clearly... it's not such a good thing to go 2 1/2 years between eye exams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...