Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

I Can See Clearly Now...

Yes.  Yes I can... there is no rain to be gone, but I can still see more clearly than I've been able to in months... Why did I wait so long to see the optician?  And to make it even better, my new glasses are purple... (to match my hair, of course).

So I did get started piecing Dobby, but had to put off finishing him for several days as I had trouble finding the right shade for his eyes... Finally figured out what green I was going to use and finished up putting him together.  So glad I added him to the mix.


Of course, I had to make two, one for each of my Harry Potter quilts... and each one got one odd sock and one striped sock.  Dobby #1 got a dirty grey sock for his odd sock, and Dobby #2 got a yellow polka dot sock as his odd one.

I decided to put Dumbledore on the same level as Hogwarts, which opens up a spot for Dobby among the blocks above... and I will have room for the four house crests somewhere too I hope.... if not, I'll have to rethink my layout.  Maybe only one quilt will be for a king bed and the other won't need the house crests.

I finished sewing the teacups for the exchange, but since it's not 'due' til October, I've set it aside for now.

I received my BOM packet for Dear Daughter #8 today, so I've got one block cut and 1/2 pieced (all the HSTs and flip and clip corners are done and trimmed, just need to be pressed now, and put together.  (of course I have to make 4 of those blocks, but I'm chaining them, so when one is done, all are done).  There are two more blocks in the packet yet to deal with, including some applique, but I will get to them.

Busy week coming up.  Tomorrow morning, I have a guild meeting.  Weds. morning, I have my sewing group to go to, and hopefully finish up a binding I'm working on.  Maybe start sewing another one.  Wednesday night, my other guild meets and I don't want to miss this meeting - Our speaker does applique (all types - machine and hand), so I'm interested in what she has to say.  Wish she was doing a workshop, but this guild rarely books workshops as they always have to be cancelled - no one ever signs up for them - not enough to make them viable financially at least.   Thursday morning, I'm meeting a friend to trade pokemon.  Then, Thursday night is sewing again with my minigroup... Somewhere in there, I've got to get to my quilter and drop off a back for a quilt I forgot a back for.  Hopefully, I can take the quilt back on Weds. between sewing and guild, as I don't want to drive all the way home and back again.  (it's about a 1/2 hour drive each way, so home to sewing, back home, then back for the meeting (same place as sewing), then back home again doesn't make a lot of sense).  Friday, I finally get a respite, and, at least so far, I have nothing planned.

Nothing planned?  Sounds heavenly... 




1 comment:

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...