Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Has my 'get up' got up and gone?

I am just about fully recovered... I have my mobility back, most of the discomfort is gone, and hopefully after this afternoon, when I get my stitches out, the last of that will be gone as well. Maybe I'll get to work again with more enthusiasm when it's not so uncomfortable to do so.

This past week, I put together my Childhood Games top (designed by Pat Sloan).


I didn't like it borderless, so I added a narrow dark border, and I like it a lot more.  I was planning on a second border, but now that I see it as is, I'm not sure it needs more, it just looks finished now. 


Opinions are welcome... is it done?

Anyway, I've got so many quilts in progress, some are mysteries and I can only do one block a month, others are just sitting and there's no reason for delay... I am feeling 'stuck' on these projects - a couple just need binding, some need sashing, others need blocks assembled, one needs a decision on borders (not the one above, a different one, so I guess 2 need border decisions, lol).

To top it off, I have quilting to do as well... one of my appliqued wall hangings has spots where the quilt is sagging a bit - because I didn't quilt it heavily enough inside the appliques.  I am a bit heartbroken, as I made two of this quilt, so that means the other one, which was made for a charity auction put off due to the quarantine, also needs more quilting.

So much to do and so much time and I'm just not feeling the enthusiasm for it all.

Where is my MOJO????


2 comments:

  1. I got way behind and just now got the Childhood Games top put together. I was looking for ideas on borders when I came across yours. I love it! I think that small border frames it nicely - it’s just enough to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cindy! The small border did seem to be a good place to end it.. I had playground fabric all ready to use for a second border, but it just didn't look right - I made a back out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...