Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Not much sewing... Gearing Up for GenCon

Well, the title sort of says it all... I am falling behind on my sewing projects from simple lack of enthusiasm, and now with Gencon looming on the horizon (well, not that far ahead - it starts at 11am pacific time tomorrow), it doesn't look like my sewing mojo will return any time soon - or if it does, it will be preempted by my love of gaming.

I did spend a little time sewing this morning - I made block four of Pat Sloan's Picnic quilt...



Not exactly 'hot dogs and hamburgers' colors, but I loved chasing butterflies in the park as a kid, and so to me, this reminds me of picnics. 

Last week, I made these blocks for the Jolly Bar quilt.  I was actually caught up on this one - but a new pattern came out a couple of days ago:


And I made the four blocks that make the center star in the snowflake quilt below (there's more blocks released, but I haven't made them yet):



And two weeks ago, I  took an online class with Latifah Saafir on how to cut and machine piece a clamshell quilt.. It was all run on zoom - so we all sewed from the safety of our personal sewing studios.  Here's mine, all sewn together - just needs a back, some batting and of course the quilting.



All told, considering how much time I HAVE to sew, I'm not doing much... I hope after Gencon is over I will feel more like sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...