Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The Relativity of Time

Einstein once said: "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it's two hours. That's relativity."  Well, he was right.  Time is very relative... Seems like it's been forever since I posted here, but it's only been a week (that's still too long, but time just got away from me this last week)...

I HAVE done some sewing... from time to time... but not nearly as much as I could have.   I have no excuses... I did do some online gaming with friends (playing Pathfinder  - kind of like Dungeons & Dragons, as in it's a fantasy role playing game, but different rules), and watching a few movies and of course Hamilton repeatedly.  Still, I could have sewn more, too. 

I sewed my first block for Pat Sloan's 'Going on a Picnic' quilt.  I really had fun with this one:


 I've done several blocks for different projects:  First is my sparrow tracks blocks for the Jolly Bar Sew Along by the Fat Quarter Shop:


And my spool blocks, also for the Jolly Bar Sew Along:



And my first four blocks for the Jelly Snowflake mystery:




And I picked all my fabrics for the Meadow Mist 'Morewood Mystery' which starts next month.  I am happy with them, but with a month to go before it starts, I will probably start rethinking things, which is usually dangerous... I hope I don't have time to start changing things around, I LIKE these fabrics, even if they go against what's recommended (she recommended a tonal or solid for the background, and use non-directional prints, if any used, in the other four fabrics).  I am using a non-directional print for the background and tonals  for the other four fabrics.  We'll see how it goes!


Have I finished anything?  Of course not!  Have I put borders on any of the quilts that are waiting for them?  No... Have I put sashing between the rows of my Whale quilt and sewn them all together?  No... Have I made a binding for my Out of This World quilt? No... I'm... um... working on growing my UFO pile... yeah, that's the ticket!!!  It's all intentional, lol...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...