Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

The Parallel Universe

 

I've been busy making blocks for various projects... BOMs, Sew-Alongs, and Guild projects... but the one I've really been loving the most these past several weeks has been the Parallel Universe Mystery Quilt. 
 
I've been working on this project for 5 weeks... with just one week left to go with the release of pattern #6 next Friday (2/26/21). The three designers - Gyleen X. Fitzgerald, Ebony Love and Latifah Saafir - are amazing designers and quilt artists. Each one has been a wonder teacher and guide along this journey through the Parallel Universe. 
 
 
I've posted a picture of the quilt top above as it exists now (with permission of the designers... and still needs part 6 sewn and attached). I have no idea what this will look like, but it will be a 'panel section' attached to the bottom of the quilt. Wish me luck on what remains of this incredible journey... I've really learned so much - esp. sewing curves and y-seams (butterfly seams!).
 
I highly recommend you check out the pages of these fine designers if you like what you see:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...