Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring

Here it is spring, and I have absolutely no desire to clean my house.  I see that as a good thing.  Spring cleaning was never really a tradition at our house when I was a kid.  We lived in California when I was growing up (still do), and so the house was kept clean and open year round.  No need to open everything up and air it out, clean it out after a long winter, I guess.  While I suppose it could use a good cleaning, I just don't have the desire to do it myself.  It is what it is.

I do have the desire to organize things more, however.  So today I started working on that a little.  Putting projects together that were scattered about with bits here and bits there.  Perhaps I'll finish that up tomorrow.

I'm a little sad that I didn't win the contest at Quilting Gallery Blog last week.  Don't want anyone to misunderstand, but I really thought I might have a chance with this one.  Oh well, that's life and the nature of such things.  I'll get over it.

I entered again this week's contest, we'll see how we do.  Update - Didn't win this second contest either but I'm not disappointed - my entry wasn't very good and I didn't think I had a chance.  I did get some votes tho - that's something - more than I was even expecting, which is cool.

Excited to get my new Mah Jong card today, I can't wait to start playing with it on April 1st.  Which is a good thing because I left my old one at the game today and won't get it back until next Monday.  Sadly, I will have to play with no card on Thursday as we don't officially start with the new cards until Friday.  My timing sucks, lol.

Well... back to quilting my summer quilt... At least it should be done in time to hang for summer.

1 comment:

  1. I came to have a peek at the rest of your posts. Good luck on this weeks contest. There are a lot of quilts in this week. As far as I can see, the winner is often not the best made quilt or the most original design. It might have to do with loyal followers or some other unknown. Your quilt is a winner. I hope you will get lots more visitors and inspire many more with your original work.

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...