Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Belated Birthday

My birthday came and went... it was nice.  I got some very nice gifts... a beautiful gold necklace from my husband - I LOVE it... a few gift certificates... a candle... some lovely cards.  It was so nice that people thought of me for my birthday.  Joe took me out to see the play Bus Stop at the Kentwood with dear friend, Millie. 

The rest of the week and a half since then has been kinda not very productive.  I've done a little sewing - put a binding on one of my two plaid quilts, worked on borders for Pumpkin Hill, but all in all, it's been very little.  I did mail a few fabric postcards out for exchanges. 

I think I'm a little depressed.  My friend Debbie was gone for half last week visiting her sister, who has breast cancer.  It might be her last visit with her.  I feel so bad for her, I can't imagine what she is going through, but it has to be hard.  My heart simply aches for her.  I wish there was something I could do, but there simply isn't.  Another friend hurt her knee and the doctor thinks something is torn.  She might need surgery - she goes in for an MRI on Weds.  Compared to all this drama, my little infection is nothing, clearing up nicely with the antibiotics.  Still, I am sad...

I wish this was where I could start a sentence with "But, on an upnote..."  but, I have nothing... it's just not a good time I guess.  All this angst is playing heck with my creativity and productivity.  I guess it comes down to just having to push through and persevere.  Somewhere, on the other side, there's a light.  So say the existentialists.

I just have to look for the light... without going into the light... it's not time for that yet ;)

Maybe the light is a little pampering.  I think maybe I'll get acrylic nails this week.  But then I think about the expense of keeping them up... I'll have to think about it some more.  Gah, I'm babbling.. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...