Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth



Yes, we went to Disneyland again on Friday.  Haven't been for almost 15 years.  Got to see the updated Haunted House, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Tours, plus our first visit to California Adventures.  We had a ball, although I have to say that it was a LOT of walking, and for the first time I can recall, we didn't stay from opening to closing... :(  ... we are not in such good shape as we once were.  I developed blisters on one foot and with my plantar fasciitis the day was torture on my feet.  All that limping caused my calves to cramp up as well.  We arrived at DLand at 8am and stayed til almost 8pm.  I'm sure all that walking was good for us, but right now, two days later, it's still tortuous just to move around.  I have to say, it was fun walking around the place again, and walking is not something I usually call fun these days.  We went on Splash Mountain early in the day while the lines were short and walked around soaked for a couple of hours - We ended up in the front two seats!  Joe's phone got so wet, it stopped working for a while and his belt was ruined by the chlorine.  We rode Big Thunder, Indiana Jones, Little Mermaid, and Small World, saw Captain EO again, it was all great fun.  They have this new show called the Jedi Training Academy which was fun to watch.  I wish they'd had that when my son was little - I think he would have enjoyed it a lot.  The parade was fun to watch as well, and it was our last activity at the park.  Thanks to a friend who works at the park, we got to sit in the reserved section for the parade, so the view was great!  We also got in for free, which made the day even better! 

So much for our anniversary!  Actually Friday was the day before our anniversary.  On Saturday we went out to dinner and then saw Cowboys and Aliens.  It was entertaining, fun to watch... nothing deep or anything, but I'm glad we saw it.  Why is it all these alien beings never wear clothes?

Anyway.  Today we played a little D&D, and I did a little sewing - putting borders on Pumpkin Hill and Folk Art Cats... at least I try whenever Pan, the sewing room cat, allows me to work at my machine.  No new pictures today.... I will try to get something up when I have something new to show, and a place to take photos of it.

I do have to remember to mail out birthday postcards this week, as well as working on my dragon postcard... lots of scales and glitter to paste... wheeeee... I love working with glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...