Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

So I was tagged in a game of blog-tag. by Marlene at Kissed Quilts.  If I've tagged you, you are supposed to state 11 things about yourself on your blog.  then please scroll down, there are 11 questions I am asking about you for you to answer on your blog.. - then you in turn tag 11 people (but not me).

I'm supposed to say 11 things about myself, then answer 11 questions, as well... so here goes...

11 things about myself.

 1.  I'm older than dirt lol... I turned 60 this year.

 2. I own a long-arm quilting machine that I never use.

 3. After 30 years of marriage, I still love my husband.

 4. I love to travel, especially cruising.  I love to be pampered, and I especially love room service.  I really want to go to Australia and New Zealand someday.

 5. Nothing is better for breakfast than a bagel and a cup of tea.

 6. I am addicted to Starbucks mocha drinks.  OMG, they are good.

 7. I play Dungeons and Dragons with friends every weekend.  I've been playing since 1974 and still enjoy the hobby of gaming.

 8. I love to quilt in my pajamas.  I'd live in pj's full time if I could!

 9. I collect Matryoshka (Russian nesting dolls).

10. I learned how to quit in 2004 and have been piecing, appliqueing and quilting ever since.  I love learning new techniques, but I am all about speed.  I discovered early on that I'm not fond of hand applique or hand quilting.  (Don't get me wrong - I love the look of them, but the actual doing of them isn't for me).  I fuse my applique and quilt on my DSM.

11. I have college degrees in Archaeology and Film History, though I don't work in either field (though I used to be a working archaeologist, I haven't worked in the field for over 30 years).


Eleven Questions about myself from Marlene:  

  1.  What time of the day or evening do you do most of your crafting?
    Hmm, Good questions.  I used to do most of my sewing and quilting late at night, but lately, I've been doing most of my sewing during the day when my husband is at work.
  2. If money was not a concern, what would be the next machine or toy you would buy for your craft? 
    I don't tend to buy a LOT of toys for quilting.  Though I did buy a longarm I never use, so I guess I am guilty of this.  I'm not sure what I'd buy next if money weren't a concern.  Maybe a Bernina 500 series sewing machine, though I'm really happy with my two Bernina 440's (one for my studio and one for travel). 
  3. How long have you lived in your current city? 
    I have lived in my current home (and city) since 1994, I'll let you do the math, but I think it's something like 18 years.
  4. How many states and/or countries have you resided in?
    I was born and raised in California... never really lived anywhere else for any length of time.
  5. Do kind of pets do you have (if any)?   I have currently have 3 cats, one an elderly long-haired sweetheart named Oodles. The second is a short-haired tabby named Pandora (Pan for short), and our third is the baby of the family, Squeak, who is all black and also short-haired.  Pan is my 'quilter's companion', having to approve every piece of fabric brought into the house, and every quilt during the creation process and before it leaves the house for its new home.
  6. What is your favorite TV show?  That's a tough question.  There are a few good ones this year.  I love NCIS, and I really enjoy Project Runway as well (though in general I hate reality shows, this one is about sewing, so I watch it avidly).  I also love Dr. Who!
  7. Where is your favorite place to vacation?  I really love the Caribbean, esp. St. Kitts, though any place away from home, with room service and WIFI, works for me!
  8. Do you prefer to dine-in or go out to eat? I definitely prefer going out to eat!  Although I enjoy ordering in as well and having food delivered.  Anything where I don't have to fix it or clean up afterward myself works for me!
  9. What is your favorite recipe you like to prepare? I love making brownies and also spice cake with maple frosting.
  10. What did you eat for breakfast?  This morning I had a bagel with garlic & herb cream cheese.
  11. Do you set aside time weekly to craft/quilt or just do it whenever you get a chance? I don't generally set aside time for my quilting except for open-sew days at the local quilt shop.  Usually, when I sew at home, it is whenever I feel like it during the day.  Some days I just get the urge to sew so I do, other days, I don't feel so energized, and I stay out of the studio on those days.

    11 questions for the 11 bloggers I'm tagging....

    1. What time of the day or evening do you do most of your crafting?
    2. If money was not a concern, what would be the next machine or toy you would buy for your craft?
    3. If you could choose anywhere, price not an issue, where would you live?
    4. Do you enjoy traveling and what is your favorite place you've been? 
    5. What is your favorite animal and why?
    6. Do you consider yourself a traditional quilter or more of an art quilter?
    7. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
    8. Do you prefer to dine-in or go out to eat?
    9. What is your favorite food? 
    10. What is your favorite quilting/crafting toy or tool that you have ever purchased/used?
    11. What is your computer of choice - desktop? laptop? or tablet?
      Blogs I tagged:  If you're on this list - please tell 11 things about yourself, then answer the questions I posed above.... thanks for playing!

      1. The Patchery Menagerie

      2. Me & My Quilts - Exploring the Possibilites
      3. Lazy Gal Quilting
      4. Scraps and Threadtales
      5. Dordogne Quilter
      6. With Strings Attached
      7. Indigo Threads
      8. O'Quilts
      9. Library Gal Quilts
      10. Baumcat
      11. Crazy by Design     

5 comments:

  1. 1.What time of the day or evening do you do most of your crafting?
    After supper.
    2.If money was not a concern, what would be the next machine or toy you would buy for your craft?
    New sewing machine.
    3.If you could choose anywhere, price not an issue, where would you live?
    Coast of Maine.
    4.Do you enjoy traveling and what is your favorite place you've been?
    Yes. Newfoundland.
    5.What is your favorite animal and why?
    I am not a pet person.
    6.Do you consider yourself a traditional quilter or more of an art quilter?
    Traditional.
    7.Where is your favorite place to vacation?
    We have enjoyed all our trips with Road Scholar (Elderhostel) and look forward to many more.
    8.Do you prefer to dine-in or go out to eat?
    Dine in. I like to cook.
    9.What is your favorite food?
    It depends on the situation.
    10.What is your favorite quilting/crafting toy or tool that you have ever purchased/used?
    Tool: rotary cutter and Singer 301.
    12.What is your computer of choice - desktop? laptop? or tablet?
    It's a choice in that I purchased it: a laptop. When I can afford it I will get an iPad or equivalent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a no-reply blogger. Do you have a name? Who are you? Nobody is anonymous anymore. This bothers me a great deal. I posted my replies before I read about you, and I should have waited. I had to write this here because I can't find an email address for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Millie - my posts should not have been anonymous, as it asked me how I wanted to post and I used my identity there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. The quilter is Lynne. Millie is the cat.

    It's a very long story. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u for the nice comment on my blog. I loved being "tagged" too!! Unfortunately my concussion recovery is not as quick as I had in mind..I am hoping that I can still do the "tag" thing later when I am better...Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...