Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Retreat

So, I'm packing for another retreat and my cat decided to claim my sewing chair.  She climbed up on the back of it and clung there, her claws in the chair, protectively proclaiming 'MINE!' on the chair.  I needed to pack that chair into my car and the cat was having none of THAT nonsense.  It took me and my husband both to extricate her from the chair and get it out the door with both it and ourselves in one piece.




Now, normally, she sleeps in my sewing studio at night, so that chair is 'hers' when I'm not using it, so I guess I can't blame her for claiming it even when it was brought out into the living room, but it was kinda cute and funny that she did so literally within a minute of me bringing it out of the studio.

It is finally in my car and except for my suitcase, I'm all packed and loaded for retreat.  Tomorrow after the laundry is all done, I'll finish packing clothes and be ready to pick up my friend Marlyn for our joint drive to the beach house for the retreat.  I just need to fill my gas tank and we'll be on our way!

We're planning on stopping for lunch along the way, but we're being good and not stopping for fabric shops along the way.  We'll see how long THAT resolve lasts.  *cough, cough, ahem*

I have SO much to work on at retreat.  I have my Northern Wilderness quilt to work on, as well as 2 versions of Strip Joints - both using batik jelly rolls in darks and lights.  I also have another Hidden Wells quilt to work on - this one in rainbow hues.  And I have to put the final border on my first HW quilt, as well as border the table runner I made from my leftover blocks.  I have a few other miscellaneous projects to work on as well, like finishing up a baby quilt for my DH's coworker, who just had one (a baby, that is).

So, tomorrow is the big day... I'm off to shower and relax for the evening, my last night at home for 4 days.  And my DH is gonna do the laundry and other chores tonight - I guess to get him in the swing of things, cause he's in charge of the house for 4 days.  OH NO!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...