Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

I love sewing and quilting on rainy days.  Unfortunately I live in Southern California and we have far too few of those day here.  Luckily today was one of them... it rained on and off most of the day - very lightly, and tonight it has been pouring... and windy too!  Love this weather.

I repinned that entire back onto my long-arm - the one the kitty jumped into and tore.  My husband gave me a long narrow piece of bubble wrap that just fits between the bars on the machine.  It seems to work great keeping the kitty off the machine.  Yay!  A solution has been found!

Today, while I enjoyed the pitter patter of light raindrops, I quilted the body of the crib-sized baby quilt my mini-group is making. 

Everything was working fine til I got to the borders.  I quilted the top and bottom borders with the intention of turning the quilt for quilting the side borders.  But when I took the quilt off the machine, I discovered the tension had slipped and I had big loopies on the back of the quilt.

I spent tonight watching TV and ripping out all the stitching I had done on the borders.  That is all done now, but how to proceed?  I am torn between finishing it up on the longarm, correcting the tension first of course, or quilting the borders on my Bernina.   I wouldn't mind doing it on the longarm, but all that pinning just for the borders?  yeeesh... not my idea of fun. 

Tomorrow is a good day for making decisions, I think I will wait til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...