Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Another Mystery Quilt

This one is the Thimblecreek Mystery from early last year... or maybe the end of '15, not sure anymore, but I finished it tonight, putting the final stitches in the binding and label. 


Sometimes it seems hard to find time to sew these days... I have so many UFO's it's almost overwhelming, but I've been trying to get through them all... This makes my 7th finish this month!  I think it will be my last, since January is over tomorrow and I know I won't finish another one by tomorrow night.

I should be spending more time at my sewing machine, but I find I really don't have the heart to do so  .... I am too worried about my puppy, Chewiee... He has been diagnosed with severe dysplasia and luxating patellas and he needs total hip replacements on both sides.  Not sure if we can afford this, but we will explore all possibilities before making a decision.  I have multiple surgical consults in the next 2 weeks, so a decision will have to be made soon I think.  Poor baby is limping and  though he rarely complains, I'm sure he's in pain or he wouldn't limp. 

Here is Chewiee trying to share Maggie's new bed (Chewiee got a new bed too - identical! - but he wants to be with her).



Obviously, they don't both fit easily... and Maggie is taking her half in the middle, but Chewiee is doing his best.

Going to try to sew tomorrow and call it therapy... we'll see how that goes.





1 comment:

  1. I've already commented on your quilt at Stashbusters, so this comment is for your puppies! They are gorgeous - so nice they want to be together. I hope everything works out with the medical issues. After all, they are family ...

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...