Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Long Time, No See (or post)

I feel remiss in not posting for so long, but I've been keeping busy between gaming and quilting.  Lots of tops finished, a few quilts done, but most still waiting for binding, and lots of games played. 


But I am most happy to report that I THINK I am done making hexies.  I quilted the last of them last night and have started whip-stitching them together...Im not quite sure how many of them I have - lost count in the mid-800s but I know I've got somewhere between 900 and the 990 I think I need to make this a king-sized quilt.   

Here's a pic of the big bag o' hexies:

and another view, looking down from the top:

... and the beginnings of the first row:

I started this project around 2005 or so (might have been 2006), and have been making these hexies - each with a unique cat in it, and all with blue backing and binding.  To be honest, I'm thrilled to be done making hexies and starting on the quilt construction, but also wondering what the hell I'm gonna do for a new easy, small, take-along hand project. I'm also berating myself for not sticking to 10-12 hexies and a small mugrug or candlemat, lol...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...