Pages

Friday, July 1, 2022

The Great Binding Marathon

 I began the great binding marathon (long overdue) last Friday, Jun 24th... For two days, I measured 9 quilts and made bindings for them.  On Sunday morning, I left for retreat, taking quilts and bindings with me.  I sewed them on over three days, using the Magic Binding method (no hand sewing!).  I finished all 9, and had time for some hand piecing as well.... What a wild ride!  I feel accomplished, but I don't recommend letting the binding pile get this out of control (I still have about 12 quilts remaining that are waiting for bindings - and more still waiting to be quilted)... 

Here are a few pics, starting with 'Atomic Starburst':

'Child's Play':



   Mad Hatter's Tea Party:

  The Hedgies:



  Mod Meow:

 

Urban Moderne:

Opening NIght:


and lastly, Rainbow Rainforest:


 

I have yet to get a picture of the 9th quilt - so just call it 'coming attraction', lol.

1 comment:

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...