Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lonestar Color Play

So I'm back to quilting again...  no more maudlin meanderings for the time being.  I've been experimenting with color and placement with lonestars and came up with this:


I thought it was interesting because even though it's constructed like any other lonestar, it looks very different - has something of the look of a faux feathered star.  Please, if you read this, let me know what you think.  I'd really appreciate any comments before I start cutting and sewing.

I've also been working on a squirrel quilt, featuring the most adorable squirrels and crows, both of which I love because my neighborhood is full of them.  The quilt is a BOM from Bunny Hill Designs, and not in my usual colors - all browns and reds and lilacs.  I usually work in brighter colors, but I decided to step outside my comfort zone for this one and use their colorations.  I will post some pictures soon - but I'd actually have to take some first.

Well, I've been having some problems with a fuzzy spot in the middle of my vision lately, so I'm off to the opthamologist... gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...