Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Block 2 of There and Back Again

Block two of There and Back Again, The Hobbit-based BOM at Fandom in Stitches is out, and I made mine - mostly at the retreat - but I put the sections together at home. 


The sections aren't lined up exactly straight, but I didn't feel like unstitching them, so they will have to be a bit wonky.

I think it's really neat that they lined up the colors in the order of the dwarves' arrival at Bilbo's house - that's such a nice touch of detail from the book.  Of course I don't recall which dwarves are which, and I'm not gonna dig out my copy to label them or anything, but it's still cool. 

It's a very fun BOM, and I love paper-piecing.  Usually I'm more precise about it, but i just don't have the energy to rip right now.

Done is better than perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't done this block yet. It's an unusual one. I think I may want to label mine since it's a gift for my son. We'll see. It may wait until after Christmas to get done...then I'll catch up.

    ReplyDelete