Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another applique block

I finished another applique block.. This time for 'Autumn Joy'.  It's a really cute BOM offered by my local quilt shop.  Here's my block (my favorite of the whole quilt cause it has a kitty on it, of course):


I may re-stitch the eyes of the cat... I think I needed larger French knots... maybe four turns around the needle instead of 3?  Or maybe 3 strands of floss?  Anyway, I haven't sewn the feet and legs on the little crows in the bottom corner either.   Cute kitty, cute block, not crazy about how it came out or the fabrics they provided, but it is what it is. 

I already have the pattern and fabrics for the next block, but won't be able to work on it til the end of the month due to my travel schedule.  I hope to catch up in February, when I'll have the february block to work on too, sigh. 

Thanks to all who responded either here or on Stashbusters about my crazy cats quilt.  I think I will take your advice and not add any more borders... I'm still trying to decide whether to remove the narrow purple border or not... Some said yes, some said no... I hate making decisions, but I am leaning toward removing the purple... I wish I had more of it so I could use it as binding, but I don't think I do.  I WILL search my stash just in case.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...