Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Woodland Creatures 9

The ninth and final block of my Woodland Creatures quilt is done finally!
It still needs some embroidery - the gecko's eye, the snail's antennae - but it's basically done.

The borders are next, and they are all appliqued as well... as evidenced by the photo of the finished quilt...
So still lots of work to do!

I'm afraid I have fallen behind on my schedule with this quilt - I already have the fabric and pattern for the first border (the sparrows, first top border)... and will be traveling soon and unable to work on this.  By the time I get back from my trip, I will have the fabric and pattern for the second border (the chipmunks, first bottom border).  This means I will have a LOT of catching up to do in February.

I expect I may get the fusing done and save the edge stitching for my April retreat.  By that time, I should have at least one more set of borders, maybe two, meaning I'll have them all perhaps?  Lots of work left, and then of course, I'll have to piece the whole thing too.

This plus my UFO schedule, my BOM (Bertie's Year), and two Saturday Samplers to keep up with.  It's going to be a very busy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...