Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

More progress on Woodland Creatures!

Kathy Bradbury made more progress on Woodland Creatures.  The entire background is now done!! Hooray!  And it is amazingly beautiful!

This is the center of the bottom border, with the chipmunks and asters... love the feathers!

Here is the bottom corner showing how she quilted the mitered corner.  Glad she quilted it flat, because my miters were far from perfect.

Here is the detail of some of the quilting around the rabbit motif.  Just amazing.  I wish I could quilt like that myself!

I am so amazed at how beautiful it is.   I can't wait to see how she quilts the flora and fauna.  That is a real task and I know she's up to it, just curious as to what she'll do!

And just to show I'm not sitting idle while I'm waiting for my quilt to get done, this is the totebag I made today.  It was a lot of fun to make, but I'm not sure I'd make another just like it right away.  At least not without the help of my totebag guru, Wendy of Quilty Pleasures.

I think I will start using it tomorrow when I take my handwork in to work on at the shop during the day.   It's too pretty to leave it sitting unused at home.  It still needs a bottom (something stiff on the bottom so it will stand up properly... Maybe I'll work on that tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...