Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

BoM, BoW & Mysteries, Oh My

So I've been working on a lot of projects that are proceeding slowly because the blocks are only released weekly or monthly... I just completed Pat Sloan's free mystery block of the month (BoM) for May:


Also just completed is Fawkes from Kelli Fannin's (over at Seriously, I Think it Needs Stitches) Harry Potter quilt-a-long.




And I've finished the top I was making, mitered corners on the border and all... This one is just a simple friendship star pattern, but made using a method for making 8 HSTs at a time that I'd never tried before, making 8 at a time.  I combined a Tula Pink layer cake with some greys from my stash to make this.  This is for the 'Get To-Gather' at Quilt Emporium in Woodland Hills, CA.  I've decided I like this method, and will most likely use it again in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...