Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

The Endless HP Quilt...

I just got home from a 5 day retreat, where I pieced, quilted (no applique this time), bound, and did a little hand sewing as well (a label)...  

The endless Harry Potter quilt is almost done!  Well, one of them, anyway... I ran out of background for both quilts.  Quilt #1 needs lots of background to finish it for sashing and borders.  Quilt #2 needs a little background to finish it, for borders only.   I'm happy to have these almost ready for the longarmer (too big for my machines!)...

Here is a picture of quilt #2:


It's been so fun making these blocks... so fun I actually have 6 left over.... could have made another whole row (and a pillow)... if I wanted the quilt to hang over onto the ground off the end of the bed, that is.   I love it and can't wait to see it in use (this one is for me... the other, with a purple background, is for a friend)...

We even had a few visitors to our studio workroom during the retreat

 Mom, Dad, and 3 babies... so cute.....  They came to the door of our workroom to check out what we were doing.  The three young raccoons were very curious, but the parents were very protective of their little ones.  They did let us look as long as we kept our distance, even though we sort of 'chased' after them to take pictures.












2 comments:

  1. Those blocks are adorable!!! Gotta love a harry potter quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...