Pages

Friday, September 13, 2019

Agonizing over little things

It is in my nature I think to agonize over little things that others might not even think about much if at all.  I made these blocks over the last couple of days and put them all together with some previously made blocks, which I didn't look at before I made the more recent ones.    Now that I see them all together I am regretting some of my choices.


The blocks on the left that make up the big red diamond around the 'Love Deeply' block are kinda scrappy, because I thought they'd go with the first one better that way.  I didn't look at the one I'd made 10 months ago (the right-most part of the diamond under the word 'Grow') to see that it is instead made up of one red-orange fabric.  I could have done the same to each other bend in the diamond (top, left and bottom) in a different red fabric, but instead I made them scrappy - each one made of the three fabrics combined... sigh.  I think it's all little distracting the way it is.

I am NOT changing it now, though - that would require too much ripping and re-sewing.  It's gonna have to be what it is.  The whole quilt will be very busy, so perhaps it won't be so noticable in the final product.  I can only hope.

One more block to make for this quilt, and then borders, and I'm done... I'll be happy to have this finished in time for the recipient's birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...