Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Finishing a year-long project...

After working for a year on a project, there should be a celebration at the end...But because this quilt is destined to be a gift for a special person, I can't celebrate... at least not yet.  Besides, it's not finished - it gets borders on both sides... (no borders top or bottom - at least not planned ones).  The borders have yet to be made.



Despite no hoopla over the majority of the work being done, I am thrilled I have gotten it completed to this stage.  Can't wait to finish the borders and get it quilted.  I have a few more months to finish it... but time does fly, so I don't want to let it stall out.

I must say it's been a wild year working on this quilt... It's made me think a lot about the recipient and how much I hope that she takes some hope and heart from the messages in the quilt, and know how much love and caring we feel for her in our lives.  

On a side note, I finished that backing for 'Out of This World' - no picture yet, but it is done.

Not sure why I'm rushing to do all this work... I'm going to two back to back retreats (one retreat is the first 3 weekdays of November - Mon, Tues, Weds) , and the weekend following (Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun is the second retreat)... All this work and what is left to do at retreat?  I suppose I can put off doing the borders on this quilt til then, and make the backing for it as well (I have the fabric, just have to sew the pieces together).  However once I get inspired to do something, it's hard to put it down.  I do have 7 quilts that need bindings, but not sure I want to spend all 7 days doing bindings.   That'd make me crazy.... ok, crazier.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll have to start something new...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...