Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Some Weekday Sewing

Spent Tuesday night cutting border strips and sewing them together into one long strip.  My plan was to take them with me to class on Weds morning and cut them to size for the quilt.  I packed up everything EXCEPT the border strips and blithely drove to class.  When I got there, I couldn't find the borders, sigh.  I was glad I took a few other things with me to work on, but but all told, it didn't amount to much.  I went home early after spending most of Weds helping others with their projects.

When I got home, I found the border strips sitting right where I left left them.  I measured and cut them to length.  I traced and all the appliques, fused them to fabric, cut out the shapes.  Thursday morning before my doctor's appointment, I fused all the shapes to the border strips, and did all the blanket stitching to secure them to the border strips.  I sewed the border strips to the quilt.  I grabbed the backing fabric, my machine and jumped in the car, rushing to make my doctor appt.

After the doctor, I headed to my Thursday night mini-group sew-in.  I sewed the backing to fit the quilt and got a picture of the finished top...


Here is the fabric I chose for the back:



While there, I trimmed the first of my HP quilts (the one with the mauve background - no pic of the quilted top yet though).   I will start working on the binding of that one soon.  It has to be done for a December birthday, which sounds like a long way off, but binding can go slowly.  

Not sure when I'll get to sew again.  I have a game on Friday midday, company coming on Friday evening, another game possibly on Saturday... maybe I can make the binding at least on Sunday or Monday. 

Seems like the older I get, the less time there seems to be in a day... but winter is coming... (longer days).  Oh if only it made a considerable difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etude de Cabines, my first truly modern quilt

While my EPP has progressed exponentially, and I'm enjoying it a lot - I had to struggle to finish another project - A modern quilt usin...